The following areas are covered on this unique Course: -
- Introduction lecture on Smile Analysis, and how to do teeth preparations precisely, which burs to use and why, the best instruments and materials to use
- Live practical demonstration of a patient being treated. You will learn step-by-step how Ash treats a patient in his private practice in real time
- A soft tissue diode laser will be used for minor gingival recontouring to get the best zenith positions of the gingivae for the ideal end result
- The Trios (3 Shape) digital scanner will be used to take digital impressions and a digital bite registration, and this will be supported by other clinical records needed in doing a Smile Makeover case
- Using Luxatemp & Luxaglaze, Ash will create beautiful aesthetic and functionally accurate temporary restorations
- T Scan – the best occlusion checking software in the world – will be used to verify the accuracy of the occlusion, i.e. ensure correctly adjusted temporary restorations
- Introduction lecture (late afternoon) – an important overview of how to create a successful cosmetic private dental practice.
- Review of the patient (“Trial Smile Review”) to finalise the shape, colour and take various records essential for perfect laboratory communication
- Case selection – how to choose the correct patients for Smile Design in your practice
- Diary management and fees to charge for the various stages of doing a Smile Makeover
- A-Z of cosmetic dentistry – a detailed review of all the cosmetic treatment options using minimally invasive techniques to give the patient a great looking smile. There will be an emphasis on using composite (and fibres)
- Role Play – a chance to see a live New Patient Consultation done by Ash – you will learn invaluable communication skills in this exercise
- Failures – a lecture on things not to do, and patients not to treat – learn from the mistakes Ash has made over 20+ years of clinical dentistry.
- Occlusion and T Scan lecture – tips on occlusion that you can quickly implement in your practice easily and confidently for more successful results
- Cementation lecture – step-by-step guide on how to fit 8-10 porcelain restorations under rubber dam in a confident and relaxed manner
- Role Play – Case Presentation using PowerPoint and interaction with a Treatment Coordinator. Learn exactly how Ash presents his treatment plans a week after the full assessment (Ash has a high standard of wanting 90% case acceptance for his treatment presentations)
- Cementation – fitting of the porcelain restorations for the patient – live demonstration
- How to become a successful dentist – final lecture on achieving your professional goals and living a balanced life.